Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Clock keeps losing time

• Please log in to reply

hulud

hulud

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
in xp pro, my clock keeps losing time. ive never had this problem on any other machine, but the clock seems to drop back 5 minutes every ten or so, and i have to ping a time server to fix the problem (for 10 minutes until it does it again.) has anyone else had this problem? it only happens on my machine at work, and is very frustrating

* i just saw the clock jump from 10:07AM PST (correct time) to 10:02AM PST.... so it is jumping back 5 minutes rather than moving slowly and losing time that way

Edited by hulud, 17 August 2005 - 11:09 AM.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
How old is the machine? Could be the motherboard battery (keeps the time, amoung other things) is dying and needs to be changed.

hulud

hulud

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
the machine is a dell which i believe was purchased this year