Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer won't turn on.

• Please log in to reply

ryandme

ryandme

• Pip
  • 9 posts
After normal computer usage I turned off the unit completely and then turned off the surge protector. A couple of weeks later I unpluged the surge protector from the wall jack. After a few days I replugged in the power cord and tried to turn on the computer. The moniter and keyboard turned on by the computer didn't. The power light only flashed on for a second when I turned the computer switch off. I looked in the back and the fan went on briefly before turning off again. I unplugged everything and replugged and the same thing happened. I was told that it could be the power cord or the surge protector so I purchased new ones. After reinstalling the cords the same thing happened. I have no idea what my next step should be. Can anyone provide any insight as to what might be going on? Should I take it to a repair shop?

Advertisements

r7yea

r7yea

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
With the number of possibilities in this situation unless you are very familiar with the inner hardware of a computer I would recommend a qualified repair.

Robert