Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003 Repeated Receiving Error

• Please log in to reply

mickyjtwin

mickyjtwin

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Whenever I try to Send/Receive emails, the sending works fine, however when it tries to receive, I get this error:

Task 'mail.mydomain.com' - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Some times it goes through fine, other times, I get the error. Starting to get annoying. Has anyone had this problem, and what are some solutions. I use Panda Titanium as my antivirus and firewall. Have not read of any problems with this software.

Advertisements

Michael Bishop

Michael Bishop

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
We had a similar problem with one of our computers. Have you check to ensure that your mail server is correct and that you do not have multiple mail servers?

Also, have you checked your firewall? That suddenly became a problem for us.

I hope that this helps.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
is this outlook express? or pure outlook? is it using an exchange server or a pop server?

mickyjtwin

mickyjtwin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Thanks for the help. Yesterday our router went down, found out it was on a downward spiral, our connect was losing bandwidth, then lost out altogether. Reset router and now internet is back, and haven't had a mail problem since.

Thanks all who replied,

Mick

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
cisco router?

Michael Bishop

Michael Bishop

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
In response to the question from Staff, we are using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 on all our machines. We are using Pop 3 on all machines.

We thought that we had resolved the problem, but it keeps coming back. Today we uninstalled WinFax.

Michael

mickyjtwin

mickyjtwin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
no, netgear, wireless. had it about 8 months now, and hooked up to dsl. first time had any problems. keeping fingers crossed.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
michael bishop..can you start a new thread for your problem...with all the details...like how it started and what you thought fixed it and how you know that didn't fix it...that way we can kind of keep these two seperate...as they may be different problems