Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help setting up wireless network

• Please log in to reply

dan00behave

dan00behave

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
hi all
i recently bought a brand new belkin wireless router 802.11g 54 Mbps. i already have a ntl:home 100/120 (Ambit) cable modem that is connected to my computer through a usb cable. i started to confiqure the router and all was going well untill it asked me to connect the modem to the router with an ethernet cable. seeing as i had been using a usb cable before i did not have the ethernet cable that came witht the modem. i used one that i had laying about but i am not sure what it is and it did not work. does anybody know what ethernet cable i should buy and where from?
thanks alot , dan

Advertisements

ewanog

ewanog

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
you dont really need a fancy ethernet cable, just go to a local staples or best buy and pick one up. the stores will probably only have about five variations and all of them will probably work... but you'll want something called a "cat5e"
ethernet cable. If all else fails just ask a store associate i suppose

Hope that helped.