Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless problems

• Please log in to reply

RubberJ

RubberJ

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Apologies for repeating a post - but this is probably the better place for it (I just posted this in the Windows XP board):

Hi there
I've accessing an open network on my laptop, using Windows XP and a Netgear Wireless card (MA521). The other day it stopped receiving packets, but it is still connecting fine (full signal) and is still trying to send packets. I've been through all the checks Microsoft suggest, regarding all my TCP/IP settings, firewalls, etc. Everyone else at work can still connect to the same network with no problems. There's no WEP encryption. I'm thinking that maybe it was something in the last Windows Update that changed something - I've tried going back to a restore point a few days previous to the problem appearing, but with no luck.
Any suggestions? Help!

Thanks

Robin

Advertisements

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Is this a VPN connection? You mentioned it was at work and that everyone else was able to access it... do these persons have legal rights to access it and do you have legal rights to access it... just need to know before i help you any further