Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

new build

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm joining the sff revolution, and was wondering if anyone could help me and tell me if these parts are compatible.

Shuttle XPC ST62K Zen Aluminium Barebones System - Intel P4 (S478) (FS-041-SH)
- Socket 478 supports Intel Pentium 4 and Celeron processors
- 800, 533 or 400 FSB
- ATI Radeon 9100 IGP (RS300) + IXP 150
- Shuttle I.C.E. (Integrated Cooling Engine)
- External fanless 180W Power Adapter
- 2 x 184 pin slots
- Supports PC3200/2700/2100/1600 (DDR400/333/266/200) DDR SDRAM
- Integrated ATI RADEON 9100 based 2D/3D graphics core fully support DirectX 8.1
- 1 x 32 Bit PCI (v2.2)
- 2 x IDE ATA 133 drives
- Realtek ALC650 5.1 channel audio controller
- 7 Day RMA Turnaround Exclusive To Overclockers UK

Intel Pentium 4 "Prescott" 3.0GHz (800FSB) with HT Technology - Retail (CP-046-IN)

Corsair 1GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX (2x512MB) CAS2 (MY-030-CS)

I know it's really a silly thing to ask about, but I've bought cpu, mobo and memory seperatly before and they've not worked together. I've tried posting on the overclockers website (that's where I'm buying it all from if you want to check it out) but they won't let me register, heh.

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah i cant register with overclockers either, still a good website to buy from though.
OK if you are going to go P4 get a newer socket on the motherboard, but i wouldnt reccomend P4.
I would go AMD for a SFF pc as they are cooler running and they are cheaper, and keeping a SFF cool can be a job as they cant always mount larger quiter fans. If you are getting it off overclockers.
http://www.overclock...alog/Aopen.html The top one; http://www.overclock...AMD_Shuttle.htm i think this one is really good as well and the shuttle for sure has decent integrated gfx(actually the best integrated you can get). I am talking about the ati express 200 chipsets for 939 cpus. Get a 3200+venice from ebuyer for a 130 pounds and the same ram and you will have a really good system.