Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ZoneAlarm svchost.exe issue

• Please log in to reply

newguyhere

newguyhere

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Does anyone out there know much about svchost.exe? Can someone load spyware on your computer and get your passwords, keylogs, or any other information through svchost.exe? When I start my computer before I even use IE I get alerts from ZoneAlarm with Generic HOst Process to act as a server 3 times and access the Internet 2 times, and then again when I actually click the IE icon.

I also get multiple ZoneAlarm alerts with no name programs (ex. Do you want " " to act as a server" or "Do you want " " to access the Internet". Is this normal?

Any help on these would be very appreciative. :-)

- Confused (and worried) Computer Owner

Thanks a lot..I guess no one is any help here for new people!

Edited by newguyhere, 18 August 2005 - 10:35 AM.

Advertisements

newguyhere

newguyhere

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I also forgot to mention that in the ZoneAlarm box Generic Host Process32 also has a hand under it which I think means it is being shared. Is this normal?