Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft....Your killing me

• Please log in to reply

americanpatriot12001

americanpatriot12001

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Ok,
I install the new service pack for win 2000 pro, I followed all the direction, turning num locks off, disconnected from internet and all the other stuff.
It will not load up and keeps restarting. I have read the other post regarding this, and it seems were SOL and have to use the win recovery disk
My problem is my recovery disk is bad. So my question is how do I get hold of another. and can I repair the issue with win through DOS.

Added:
Won't boot in any mode: safe, last known, ect.

Thanks for your help

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

americanpatriot12001

americanpatriot12001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I wish I could .
I can not get the computer to boot to windows, not even in safe mode or all the other modes that are suggested.

Thanks for getting back to me so fast

MajorFatCat

MajorFatCat

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
You will need to get a new recovery disc mate. :tazz: