Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please Help ITunes Wont open

• Please log in to reply

BigBucksT

BigBucksT

• Pip
  • 6 posts
:tazz: Please help anyone. ITunes will not even launch on my computer. This just happened a day ago. It wont even load. I have done nothing new to my pc, and the computer is new. The other night I was burning a cd into ITunes and it wouldnt receive the song titles and band info. It said it couldnt get through to server. I couldnt even load the homepage. it was late at night and I just figured the site was down while they were putting up the new stuff for new music release tuesday. I ant even open it now, and stupidly I never backed my songs up. I dont want to lose them.

Anyone please help

Advertisements

xxfntmxx

xxfntmxx

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
I have the same problem. When i click to launch ITunes nothing happends. I have tried reinstalling Itunes and Ipod and still the same problem. Anyone Help please

BigBucksT

BigBucksT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
:tazz: Hey man I fixed the problem. If you have norton Antivirus disable it. Then open ITunes and it should open. When it opens then you can put Your AntiVirus back on.

xxfntmxx

xxfntmxx

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
i tired it and it still wont open :tazz:
when i used itunes before it didnt have this problem with closing norton to open it. i dunno but thanks for the suggestion

BigBucksT

BigBucksT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Yeah i know it just started happening to me too. Never used to do it. Maybe it was becaiuse of a download I did from Microsoft for security. Did you ever download anything from microsoft or Norton recently?

I wish I knew what to do. Go to the ITunes forum and read about it. Thats what I did and it helped me.

Sorry I couldnt help.

xxfntmxx

xxfntmxx

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hey man i tried what you suggested again when i restarted my computer and it worked! :tazz: thanks.

im still having problems with my computer though.
do you have problems with programs updating and freezing up? or not going anywhere with the updates and unable to close the program afterwards?

and yes i have downloaded a update from automatic updates and downloaded new norton definitions.

not sure what the problem is though. my computers been acting up recently but thanks for the tip!

BigBucksT

BigBucksT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
:tazz: Hey Man glad i could help. I do have that problem now. When I log off or try to shut down my computer it goes so slow. Sometimes it wont even shut down so I have to turn the power off. I know I am not the only one with this problem because I talked with a rep at my local Apple store. It definitely is either a microsoft or Norton download patch that is interfering with ITunes.

I will try to solve it and if I come up with anything new I will post it

xxfntmxx

xxfntmxx

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Oh man i have the same problem. i posted the problem in the malware removal forum and haven't gotten any help yet. instructions saids to wait at least 5 days so as soon as i get any help ill be sure to pass it on.

xxfntmxx

xxfntmxx

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hey man, i got the problem fixed. for me it was just configuring nortons personal firewall.

open norton anti virus, click on the personal firewall tab, click configure, click on the programs tab, and uncheck "turn on automatic program control" press ok and try it.

with this i was able to turn on itunes without shutting off any of nortons security and it resolved the windows slow shut down issue.

hope this works for you! :tazz:

BigBucksT

BigBucksT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
:tazz:

Oh Holy Cow I could kiss you.

It works man it really works.

Thank You so much. I now dont have to be on ITunes without the protection of Norton.

Thanks again xxfntmxx

Advertisements

ctide21

ctide21

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I also have the problem with norton and itunes. If norton is enabled fully, itunes will load in the task manager but not appear. If I disable internet security, itunes will load and work. After itunes has loaded and connected to the music store, if I enable norton again, then itunes will not be able to access the music store. If I try and configure itunes in norton firewall settings, norton crashes, if want to try and view logs, norton crashes. What am I to do. I tried the fix above and that didn't work. Please help :tazz:

BigBucksT

BigBucksT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
:tazz:

I wish I could help you but I need help myself. I fixed the problem with ITunes 4.6 but when they released ITunes 5 it started doing the same thing. I have no idea what to do to solve it but disable Norton. If anyone knows what to do please help us all.

ALL I AM IS A SIMPLE CUBAN :) :) :) :ph34r: :ph34r: :tazz: :tazz: :)

ctide21

ctide21

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok I also uninstalled Itunes 5.0 and went back to 4.8. I went on Norton's chat support and they directed me to uninstall Norton completley and reinstall. This aparantly solved my problem because I can now use Itunes. :tazz:

f1sh

f1sh

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi everyone, ihave the same problems with itunes, "it wont open".
have tried turning off the firewall things in norton but it still wont work
im not very computer litterate so can someone help me
cheers :tazz: :) :)

newtonslogic

newtonslogic

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Two things...you can add exceptions to your firewall rules or to Norton's Firewall exceptions...you can add by port used or application in Windows Firewall.