Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

IE CRASH DETECTION, IE CRASHES, DrWatson Postmorte [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Ok, no rush, take your time.

Advertisements

Guest_brattiemaddie_*

Guest_brattiemaddie_*
I am bad... I couldnt do it.. it wouldnt paste... I will ask my daughter to help me when I happens again...lol... :tazz: I did write down what it says in one of my earlier post somewhere.. lol.. thanks again.. maddie :) lol

Justin

Justin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Hello!

Dont worry if you cant figure out how to post the picture.

I cant seem to find the exact error message, so if you can just tell me what it says, instead of posting a picture, that will work.

Guest_brattiemaddie_*

Guest_brattiemaddie_*
ALRIGHTY... I DID IT..lol

Guest_brattiemaddie_*

Guest_brattiemaddie_*
ALRIGHTY... I DID IT..lol

Attached Files

Justin

Justin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Hello!

Sorry to be a bother....Would you mind saving the image as a .jpg and the nattaching it for me?

My computer wont let me open the .bmp for some reason.

Guest_brattiemaddie_*

Guest_brattiemaddie_*
LOL...not sure how to do that... now dont laugh too hard.. but I will ask daughter when she gets back in.. :) sorry, Maddie :tazz:

ok, I think this might work now... lol. did all by myself.. woohoo :)

Attached Files

Edited by brattiemaddie, 25 August 2005 - 07:14 PM.

Justin

Justin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Hello!

It still isnt working. It could be my computer.

If you want, you can just paste in the exact message that you are getting.

That should give me enough info.

Guest_brattiemaddie_*

Guest_brattiemaddie_*
Hi there, I am still crashing on IE :tazz: I get a security alert thats asks if it can go to trusted website ebay/payal. I click ok on that box then it either lets me go or it then I get another box that says IE is experiecing a problem and must close..view problem here. If I click there it says the following:

app. Name iexplore.exe App Ver: 6.0.2900.210
Mod Name: mshtml.dll Mod Ver: 6..20900.2700
Offset: 0006ad22

then on the botton of the box it has an area to click on for more information..that has alot of stuff in it that makes no sense to me.. It happened around 25x today alone.. thanks again.. I am sorry, this is taking so long to resolve..but I havent a clue what else i should do.. Maddie

Edited by brattiemaddie, 29 August 2005 - 03:49 PM.

Justin

Justin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Hello!

There is a different browser called FireFox. This is a more secure browser. I would like you to download it, and play with it for a day and see if you get any crashes. This will let me know if it is just in IE problem or if it is your entire computer.

You do not have to keep firefox, unless you like it, but I ask that you give it a try, jsut so we can see if the problems is in IE.

Download FireFox here

Advertisements

Guest_brattiemaddie_*

Guest_brattiemaddie_*
Hi again, I hope you had a great holiday weekend. I am still crashing on IE but not on Mozilla. I am not sure what to do about it. Let me know you thoughts on what I can do to fix it. Mozilla is not as easy to navigate nor has my bookmarks but I do use it and go onto IE when I need to get to a bookmarked site. Thanks again for you help. :tazz: Kind Regards, Maddie

Justin

Justin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Hello!

If you use Firefox, there is a way to import your bookmarsk from IE.

Open FireFox,
Click on Bookmarks
Click on Manage Bookmarks

A new window will open.

From the new window:

Click on File
Click on Import...
Make sure Microsoft Internet Explorer is selected
Then press Next

Let me know if you really want to keep using IE, and if you do, we will find a way to get it to work. :tazz:

Guest_brattiemaddie_*

Guest_brattiemaddie_*
Hi Justin, I am sorry I havent been back sooner. With the beginning of school, daughter off to college and I took on a consulting job, I have been alittle busy. I hope all is well with you.

I am still having problems using both IE. The usual problems with IE. With firefox, I cannot log onto ebay under different names/pwds without having it go back to the last name I logged onto it with. Therefore, using it with ebay is difficult. I tried to use the other one once in a while but it doesnt work and I still get those post mortem/dr watson errors and then IE must close after just a few clicks. Can you help me with this? Can you advise me what I should do to either use firefox where I can log onto anything I want using a few screens or fix IE. I wonder if it is fixable. thanks much, Maddie :tazz:

Justin

Justin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Hello!

Please navigate to c:\windows\inf

Find ie.inf right click it and click install. This will reinstall Internet Explorer.

Then,

Download Findlop by Metallica. Unzip it to your desktop.

Double click findlop.bat. It will open a notepad file.

Copy the content of that file and paste it here in your reply.

Justin

Justin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.