(1) -You would at least need to have seperate DRIVERS for each device - so that will mean that you would have to have 2 seperate iPOD [PC SYNC] Applications - Make seperate [Desktop ICON] for each.
(2) - Did you Install the latest Driver for the [PICTURE] iPOD? Freezing is often related to Driver Conflicts. - USB eliminates a lot of "Serial COM Port Bus" - Resource Problems but not the "Proper Driver".
(3) - Read Handbook/Manual
(4) - Go to Web Page of each - Look at FAQ's & Browse Support Page for Help & Latest Drivers for each device
(5) - If you have [Installation CD] - Browse the CD for Handbook/Manual pdf Files
(6) - As far as sharing the same USB Port - I am not sure? Probably not- AND PROBABLY NOT CONNECTED AT SAME TIME- (Each would require its own appication)
(7) - A solution would be purchase a USB External Powered HUB - to expand the USB Port & then use:
#1 - Port for Mini
#2 - Port Open
#3 - Port Open
#4 - Port for Photo
This way you are only using 1 PC USB Port + You gain 2 additional
You could Label ICON - [USB-1 Mini] & [USB-4 Photo]
Edited by Jack123, 17 August 2005 - 05:24 PM.