Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

game demos

• Please log in to reply

mrich1234

mrich1234

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Okay.

Here is a good question. I download game demos from Real Arcade and/or Big Fish games because I love to play the demos. After my time is up I uninstall them and clean them off of my system. If you try to re-download that particulair game it will say that the demo time has expired (usually 60 minutes is what they give you). I am curious...if I have deleted everything, how does it know I have already played it. The reason I ask is there is one game I liked. They came out with a "2nd version" of it, but it keeps telling me that that the time has expired. I haven't even played it. When I contacted the website they cannot explain and will not tell me how to fix this problem. I am also just curious how my computer has that information when I have cleaned everything out. I even will run the "Cleanup" program.

Thanks for your time.

MIchelle

Advertisements

cch3mm

cch3mm

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I belive it saves to your registry.

"Start" >> "run" >> "Regedit"

I wouldn't mess with it unless you got someone who knows what they are doing.

mrich1234

mrich1234

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks so much. I won't mess with it. Its no big deal, I was just curious.
Thanks again for your reply! You guys are GREAT and you do an awesome job at helping us.

Michelle