Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Scrolling

• Please log in to reply

Unknown-Entity

Unknown-Entity

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I've got a problem where by any 'up + down' scrolling bar on the right of any Window goes crazy. If you so much as click on it at the bottom, it rushes to the top. This happens in any program, within XP.

It doesn't seem to be a hardware issue as there aren't any errors etc in Device Manager. I also Remote Desktop'd onto the machine and had the same problem with the scrolling go bananas. So again, I really dont think its hardware related.

I've also checked out the Event Logs and everything seems fine, there aren't any errors or warning suggesting that there is something going on.

I personally think it has something to do with a Automatic Update that may have been applied recently but dont know how to prove it/find it/fix it.

Hope you can help. :tazz:

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Have you tried a different mouse?

Johanna

Unknown-Entity

Unknown-Entity

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yeah, I was using a MS Optical via USB .

I unplugged that and tried using the touchpad and stick on the keyboard (IBM T42 Laptop) and same thing.

On my PC, I tried using a program called Proxy to remotely connect to the laptop which was successful.

I was using the mouse on my PC and the scroll-bar was still go bananas on my laptop.

This is why I'm 99% sure its not a HW issue.

I'm totally stumped! :tazz:

Unknown-Entity

Unknown-Entity

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
And the other reason I'm sure is because anything else I do with the mouse is fine.

Its only when I click on Scroll-Bars to the right of a Window.