Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

XP hangs with no apps running

• Please log in to reply

rharshaw

rharshaw

• Pip
  • 1 posts
After about two minutes of running, XP hangs. This is with no applications open, and not trying to open any. Clicking on a task like moving from processes to performance in Task Manager gives a never ending hour glass. Cursor may move or not, but will not activate, so must reboot.
I have checked temp. running OK.
System will run for hours in Diagnostic Mode.
XP Pro dual 3.06 Xeon processors with 4 gigs of ram

Manufacturer support suggests reinstalling OS. :tazz:

Suggestions please.
Thanks,
Roger

Advertisements

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
DO NOT REINSTALL yet!

Follow the link in my signature that says "Did you follow the reccommendations HERE!"

Click the here and go thru this guide step by step. This guide will solve almost 70% of all problems. Post a HiJack this log in that forum as directed in the guide if needed, and an expert will help you out with any malwares presently on your machine. If you have gotten a "clean bill of health" from the experts and are still experiencing problems and you may or may not be, please return to this thread.

I know your computer will be useless for the downloading portion of this but hopefully you can save theses programs to disk and run them on your machine.

Edited by phybyr0ptyk, 17 August 2005 - 09:03 PM.