Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anyone Know Where to Download Recovery Cds

• Please log in to reply

alansim2010

alansim2010

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Does AnyONE know where i can download recovery cds for laptops.

I need help!

Please

Edited by alansim2010, 17 August 2005 - 08:40 PM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi alansim2010...Welcome to G2G...

What kind of conputer have you got and why do you need to do a recovery? There may be other options available...would you please post a little more information on both your system and your problem?

wannabe1

alansim2010

alansim2010

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a Laptop Acer Aspire 2010 i need to do a recovery because i my computer keeps crashing so i want to delete the files and reinstall windows when i went to see if i had a Recovery Cd i found out that Acer Has not given me one and i want to download one.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
alansim2010...

From what I've found so far, the recovery cds for this machine are very specific OEM versions and will be available only from ACER. Unfortunately, they are not available by download.

Have you tried to do a system restore? That may be a viable option to consider.

wannabe1

alansim2010

alansim2010

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I Tried System Restore it doesnt do anything!

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
alansim2010...

Try this: Click Start > Run and type chkdsk /f (note the space between chkdsk and /f) and click Ok. It may ask to perform this on reboot...that's fine, let it or it may say it's in use...choose Automatic on reboot. Restart your machine and see how it runs.

Also...please download HiJackThis, install it, run it (save a log) and post a HJT log back here so I can see what other issues we might be dealing with. You can download HJT Here. Download the Self Installing EXE version.

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 18 August 2005 - 07:19 AM.