Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

command and conquer generals

• Please log in to reply

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
i just bought command and conquer generals for my husband, he loves the other ones and plays them for hours. however with generals the game is sooooooo slow, we have windows 98se, is the game just to big for our pent 3 or can i do something to speed the game up, otherwise he will trade it in for another game since walmart wont take it back grrrrrrrr

Advertisements

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
What is your systems speed and Graphics and memory ?

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
ok graphics are magnum/xport128/xpert99, 256 ram

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah generals is quite an intensive game it used to lag on my athlon 1600+ with 512megs of ram and a 128mb dx8 gfx card, the system you describe is quite similar to my old laptop that i sometimes use . The best C&C it can run is Red Alert 2 with the yuris revenge expansion. It is a shame im sure he would like generals it is better than red alert 2 by a fair bit.

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
ya *sigh* just as we suspected, well we are thinking of getting a new computer, I hear dell is a good company to buy from, apparently they have a really good tech support and next day in house repair, sounds too good to be true:)

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
Dell aint that good i would say HP or Compaq or even ALIENWARE :tazz: lol joke

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
No dell is fine as long as you know what you want from them and the computer. You can also build one if you feel up for it not everyone has the time or inclination to do it though.