Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help with missing drives

• Please log in to reply

dakko

dakko

• Pip
  • 2 posts
okay heres the situation here...

before i left to work, i had my comptuer running Bitcomet d/l serveral files... don't remember if i had any other programs running.. but...

when i got home from work.. the program Bitcomet gave me an error.. i couldnt close it either..i forgot what it was because i thought it was nothing so i restartd my computer... before i restarted my computer.. i went on "My Computer" and i see my drives where missing.. thought it would be the error from bitcomet so i decided to restart the computer... as it loads up.. it stops where it detects my harddrives.. either i press esc or wait till it gives me nothing detected.. ive checked Cmos also and it didn't detect anything... it was loading so slow too... anyways... i checked my disk management on XP... it shows me my C: and my cdrom drive.. which is G: .. so that means my D: , E: , F: is missing.. E&F is one drive.. so does anyone have this situation im having here and knows how i can fix this problem? i don't want to lose 2 of my drives..

ive checked my event viewer... and this is wat it says...

The device 'WDC WD2000JB-00GVA0' (IDE\DiskWDC_WD2000JB-00GVA0_____________________08.02D08\4457572d4143384c333136373835_031_0_0_0_0) disappeared from the system without first being prepared for removal.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

--

The device 'MAXTOR 6L040J2' (IDE\DiskMAXTOR_6L040J2__________________________AR1.0400\3636313234333330313236352020202020202020) disappeared from the system without first being prepared for removal.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

Advertisements

dakko

dakko

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
bump