Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

firefox messed up my iexplorer

• Please log in to reply

lhama

lhama

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have installed and tried firefox and when I uninstalled it, it didn't ask if it can delete some shared files etc. Now my explorer cannot popup window from quick launch icons, like yahoo messenger new mail alert icon.
How can I repair it? I don't have a windows xp disc.

Advertisements

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
how did u install windows xp without the disk ? :tazz:

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Clever boy 123 seems to have mis-read your question --- you uninstalled Firefox not Windows -- right? Anyway -- I suggest you run System Restore. Look for a restore point which says "Installed Firefox" and choose that one. It will restore your PC to the time just before Firefox was installed, but anything else you installed after Firefox will also be removed. Please note that SR will not remove or modify the contents of 'My Documents' folder, so don't worry on that score.

lhama

lhama

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you so much. That helped!