Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

dvd-rom not working!

• Please log in to reply

nost

nost

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
my dvd-rom as stopped working it will only load windows xp disk nothing else and when there is a disk in it when windows boots up it stays where it says press any key to boot from cd nothing happens it does boot of the windows cd though and if i take the disk out then it goes straight past there anyone got any ideas thanks nost.

Advertisements

nost

nost

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
thanks for the help guys

bdlt

bdlt

• PipPipPip
  • 875 posts
ok, I'll bite. I have an hour to kill.

what exactly are you trying to do? boot from xp disk? and why?

windows boots up it stays where it says press any key to boot

will it only read this one disk?

my dvd-rom as stopped working it will only load windows xp disk

has anything changed recently on the PC - new hardware? new software? any software removed? windows updates?

have you looked at device manager?

nost

nost

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
everthing seems fine and i am saying it only reads windows xp disk nothing else at all i got it too read another disk this morning but it wont read any of my disks it just went wrong on its own the other day i just put a disk in and it wouldnt load so i dont know whats happening but it is there on my computer and device manager no yellow marks by it in the device manager thanks nost

bdlt

bdlt

• PipPipPip
  • 875 posts
have you tried a cleaning disk?

nost

nost

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
no how do i get 1 of them

bdlt

bdlt

• PipPipPip
  • 875 posts
check your local computer stores. I just did a quick search using google - it looks like they are $5-$10.