Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dana-Soft Internet Signature

• Please log in to reply

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Topic: Dana-Soft - Popular free Internet Signature
Date: 18th AUG- 2005

A question on the FORUM’S Policy on the use of: The Dana-Soft – Internet Signature ??

When I first arrived on SITE – I reviewed several Posts – (Including Staff’s) – that had this – ( [CUTE??] but [Intimidating!!] Signature – in their [SCREEN NAME] .I found it to be intimidating – (Even though it was harmless??).

Lately, I have not seen any – Has The Policy banned this practice – If so – [GREAT!!!]

It bothered me, – but I would think that: It would be VERY SCARY to a 1st Time Poster with a [Malware Problem] to see this showing up, and displaying your ISP info, on a return Post. Just did not seem appropriate From/On a [Trusted Source].

Still Curious,
Jack123

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Our policy is that uniformed visitors see it as a security risk, and we don't allow them.

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
OK - But they were permitted in June-2005, and stopped sometime in July-2005??

I did not know what was going on - when I encountered my 1st message & felt a little uncomfortable with it. I investagated & found that there was no real security risk, but still had that - [6th Sense] Feeling.

However it was a lesson: that there is no - [ANONYMOUS] status - while on the Internet.

Jack123