Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Helping Friend remove Aurora Nail Spyware, Aurora

• Please log in to reply

DerekErb

DerekErb

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I wanted to add this to the Aurora Nail thread but I'm not allowed to.

I simply wanted to profusely thank Daemon for his assistance.

The answer he gave to the other member solved my problem as well.

I have spent all morning trying to remove Aurora from one of our Win2K Servers. I have gone through tons of forums with tons of manual registry modifications, DLL unregistrations, file deletions, etc. and none of them worked. It always came back.

I followed his simple instructions, substituting my random file name with that quoted, and it worked the first time.

All I can say is THANK YOU!!!

PS: I have sent a meager donation as this has saved me both time and money in that I did not have to purchase yet another spyware removal software...

THANKS!

Advertisements

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

Formerly known as "Crafty_Girl"

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Hiya :) DerekErb,

Thats just awesome to hear! I'm glad that we were of some help. I know how much it cost to go out and have the "so called" computer companies help with issues.

I've been to one, and they lost some of my files "go figure" But I had no choice, for some reason I was not able to get back on to my PC, and still to this day was not told or figured out what happend. But believe that it was some issue with AOL etc. dunno. But I have only had that one issue since I have been involved with GTG in 2004 :tazz:

And thank you so much for the donation, that means so much to all of us and helps us keep this site going so that we can keep helping people like you.

Please keep in mind of the items that need to be kept on your puter to help you fight this virus/malware issues.

http://www.geekstogo...indpost&p=12367

:)