Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Liveupdate problems

• Please log in to reply

snowpuppy99

snowpuppy99

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Whenever I try to install liveupdate, it says "Install error: 10; The LiveUpdate install failed because LiveUpdate was not able to register one of its components. You need to have werite access to the registry to install LiveUpdate." So since I can't install LiveUpdate, Norton AntiVirus doesn't work. I've tried a system restore, uninstalling and reinstalling LiveUpdate, and uninstalling and reinstalling Norton AntiVirus. Can anyone help?

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
hello and welcome to Geeks to go
I know this is not the answer that you want, but how about taking it back to where you got it and asking for a refund. If you are have problems with it now, you will always have them. I find you have to uninstall liveupdate and reinstall it every few weeks becasue it stops download some updates other wise.

I would get AVG.

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
i would get rid of Norton as it isnt a Good Anti-virus programme choose one of these: http://www.filehippo...rch?q=antivirus