Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Newbie None Techie needs Help!

• Please log in to reply

Bonquesha

Bonquesha

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello everyone,

I was searching the internet looking for help and came across this site. You guys seem to know a whole lot about computers. I am just a user and not technical at all. But I want to same some time and money by asking your expertise. :tazz:

Please excuse me if this topic has already been discussed as I am on a break and do not have a lot of time for research at this time.

Can someone tell me how to remove the Win32.Lastad trojan from my computer. I have cleaned my computer w/ the Yahoo Anti-Virus twice and it shows the virus has been "deleted." But when I ran it a third time, it shows the same thing (virus identified and deleted). Which brings me to believe that the trojan virus is still on my computer. I went to an ac website, which does not have a cleaner for this virus. I know it's a low threat, but I want it GONE!

Also, any ideas on a good virus protector. I've tried Norton in the past, but the program is just too heavy for my computer. Slows it down tremendously. But if I should be better safe than frustrated....that's okay.

Thanks for your help in advance. I'll be checking back frequently for your input.

BonQ :)

Advertisements

Bonquesha

Bonquesha

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm so sorry, I just read the rules.

waiting on reply :tazz: :)

Edited by Bonquesha, 18 August 2005 - 08:59 PM.