Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dvd-rom

• Please log in to reply

nost

nost

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
my dvd-rom as stopped working it will only load windows xp disk nothing else and when there is a disk in it when windows boots up it stays where it says press any key to boot from cd nothing happens it does boot of the windows cd though and if i take the disk out then it goes straight past there anyone got any ideas thanks nost.

Advertisements

Matt @1230

Matt @1230

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Did a mesege pop up like Stop: 0X0000001E (0xC0000005, 0xF7565A59, 0x00000000, 0x00000028) or KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT-HANDLED
*** Address F7565A59 base at F7564000, DateStamp 3d90d765 – Cdr4_2K.sys

nost

nost

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
no it just says insert disk in to d:/ when i click on my computer then d:/ but there is a disk in there but it doesnt read it but it reads the windows xp cd thanks nost

Matt @1230

Matt @1230

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hi try this, go in to My Control Panel. Then click on performance and Maintenance and click on system at the bottom. Then click on Hardware at the top and click on device manager. Finally double left click the DVD-ROM drive then right click to go to properties and see if it is disable if it is enable it. Then see if it works. If it is enabled and does not work. Go to device manager and right click the drive and click scan for hardware changes. That should work if It does not Did you ever update you're driver for the DVD-ROM?

nost

nost

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
no i didnt need to update the driver it just stopped working on its own why?
but how do i install new drivers Thanks nost.