Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

• Please log in to reply

tlavaux

tlavaux

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
I have e-mail @ aol and msn but everytime i try to get to them i'm blocked. Can anyone help me please? :tazz: :)

Advertisements

katkat92

katkat92

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
What do you mean you are blocked? What happens?

Are you sure your accounts are active?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Home or work system??

Murray

tlavaux

tlavaux

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
home

tlavaux

tlavaux

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
yes they are active. all of a sudden one day when i went to check my mail im told that there has been an error

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
The entire exact error message would really be a help here !!

Murray

tlavaux

tlavaux

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
is what i get exactly
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
And have you done all the above suggested fixes??

Murray

tlavaux

tlavaux

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I don't understand!!!!
What were the suggested fixes?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

Please try the following:

Click the  Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the  Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

View Post

Murray

tlavaux

tlavaux

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I've checked everything and it's all ok. Do you think this might have something to do with the trojan that is on my computer. I've posted other questions about it and have done everything that i was told to do but haven't recieved a final response about the problem.

Or maybe because i was told to download all that anti virus stuff before. :tazz:

Edited by tlavaux, 20 August 2005 - 03:44 PM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
It very well may have.. Wait until you get a clean bill of health from the Malware Forum and if you are still having problems, post back here then..

Murray

tlavaux

tlavaux

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
do you have any idea why i haven't recieved a malware response yet? it has been a while

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
When did you post the log?? If it has been over 5 days, go to the "Off-Topic" forum and post a link to the thread in the "5 Day with NO Reply" thread..

Murray

tlavaux

tlavaux

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
recieved my clean bill of health and I'm still not able to retrieve my email on any and all of my mail sites like Hotmail/AOL/Yahoo.