Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DELL computers and RADEON cards

• Please log in to reply

customcomp

customcomp

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

heres my dxdiag

View Post

hi ive just look though you attachment and you have 1000+ paging file space and your only useing 280+ you should knock that up to what windows recommends you computer may run smother. ok go to control panal > system > advanced > then under performence click settings > then click the advanced tab on the top > then at the bottem under virtual memory click change and change it to what windows recommends.

ive JUST bought a nvidia GeForce 6200 (£65 ) and its great. it runs off a agp slot witch you might have.

if you give me your computer specs i should be able to find out if you have an agp slot on your MB.

:tazz:

Advertisements

customcomp

customcomp

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
yea ive looked at your model and you deafinatly should have an agp slot. if you fell safe with opening you computer its a brown slot above all the white ones. (WARNING this may make your warenty void)

Edited by customcomp, 26 August 2005 - 04:42 PM.

customcomp

customcomp

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
use this link there is a good picture of what im on about http://images.crucia...c_install_3.gif

Edited by customcomp, 26 August 2005 - 04:47 PM.