Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Office 2003 S&T edition problem

• Please log in to reply

DarkLion357

DarkLion357

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Hi,

just purchased this software titled above (MS Office 03 S&T ed.) and it wont install cuz it cant copy OFFICE>DLL from the .cab files and i get the same three error messages each time. i boughty it at best buy im on my second copy of which both work on 3 diff machines at their geek squad stores addons. had a tech over yesterday who said to re install windows which took me all night to get back where i was and no change yet, i added a topic in the hijack this area to no avail. so tampabelle said to try here. therror messages are as follows-1304, 2350, and 1334 of which i looked up and its greek to me and i went to Microsofts help pages but u know as well as i do, they never give ya an explination most can understand. any help would be great i need word for school which starts on the 29th :tazz:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what does the "s and t" stand for ?

I know this says its for office xp, but I think it would work in this situation...
http://support.micro...kb;en-us;321444

its also possible that you may have an issue with your cd drive.
http://support.micro...kb;en-us;321339

DarkLion357

DarkLion357

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
S and T stands for Student And Teacher Edition. anyways i tried both those links and it is about my Windows installer updating, but either of the downloads when i open them it says error wrong OS version. Now what. I am pulling out the lil hair i have left

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what are the full error messges?

hmmm... try this: http://support.micro...kb;en-us;893803

download and install it and see if that works.

DarkLion357

DarkLion357

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
error 1304-error writing to file OFFICE.DLL Verify u have access to that directory
Error 2350-internal error. contact miscosoft support serveces(did that wit no results)
error 1334 The file Office.dll cannot be installed becuz the file cant bre found in cabinet file PA561401.cab

and that link u just provided me wit didnt help either says wrong OS version, im runnin XPSP2

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok, there was some helpfull info found here: http://www.kbalertz.com/kb_896930.aspx

Have you tried intalling a different cd-rom drive in your pc to see if it will install? Everthing is pointing to a cd-drive that is either faulty or old enough to have problems reading the cd properly.

DarkLion357

DarkLion357

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
i have no options left, i re installed two cd rom programs wit no sweat on both my drives. i dont know but i have a bad feeling office wont go on my system and i need it for school i told them they said i better find a way,lol. i dont know what else to do

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I'll post to our trusted techs forum and see if anyone else has some ideas...

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
we concure, if you have room on the hdd try and copy the entire contents from the cd to the drive and then install from the hdd.

DarkLion357

DarkLion357

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
starjax,
i just copied it all to the hdd and tried installing individually and nothing still gettting those three error messages, What the... is goin on?? this is baffling

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Are you running a authentic version of Windows or was it installed from a copy of XP you or someone made for you (could be the reason Office won't install) ??

Murray

DarkLion357

DarkLion357

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
yes Murray i have an authentic copy, it came wit the pc when i bought it. ive had no luck wit this at all man, i honestly think im gonna run into trouble wit school if i dont get this installed. if u think of it ive probably already tried it, tampabelle, starjax, myself, and a outisde tech have been here all wit no luck, so theres gotta be the windows miracle out there somehwere but What the... is it? ! lol

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Can you search the Office cd for the "PA561401.cab" folder??

Also, do you already have some version of Microsoft Office on your system??

Murray

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Right this inst what you want to here but if we cant fix it, then you might want to try open office its as good as microsoft office if not better and it is free. I would give it a go anyway

DarkLion357

DarkLion357

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
WarriorScot

OpenOffice is just what i need. I dont know how to thank you but as in Irishman to a Scot, may the road rise to meet you and the sun light your way. And to all others who helped, thank you very much for your assistance. i know open office a bit and its nothin like MS Office, but [bleep] after all these headaches, im gonna go have a drink. Problem solved yet again by the staff @ Geekstogo.com. Where would the world be without ppl dedicated to humanity as yourself? In teh bottomless pit of corporate indignity! i think,lol
Adios my friends, until next time POOF........ :tazz: