Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton Auto-Protect

• Please log in to reply

icywhite2008

icywhite2008

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I have no clue what is going on, but every now and then, maybe once a week to 2 weeks my Norton's antivirus auto-protect is disabled somehow and I am not able to restore the settings of my Nortons unless I do a complete system restore. Any clue as to why or what is disabling my auto-protect and why I'm not able to manually reset my Nortons settings after this happens without restoring my whole computer system? Thanks soooo much in advance! :tazz:

Advertisements

DarkLion357

DarkLion357

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
you most likely have some sort of virus or trojan disabling it, get microsoft anti spyware and lavasfts adaware, and run scans, i bet youll find the problem, also check task manager for any programs that should not be running

icywhite2008

icywhite2008

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
What sort of Microsoft Anti-spyware? I have and frequently run Ad-Aware SE, CW Shredder, Windows CleanUp, Spybot Search & Destroy and AOL Spyware program. I also run my Nortons on a regular basis. What other programs should I be running? Thank you so much for your help Lion :tazz:

Edited by icywhite2008, 19 August 2005 - 05:30 AM.