Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flat screen monitor issues

• Please log in to reply

jd3450

jd3450

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
I recently purchased a 17" CTS 762 flat screen monitor and not all the web pages fill the entire screen. Some do....like this site. however, something like http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/ only cover three quaters of the screen. Thus making the text hard to read. I have both Mozilla and IE browers and when I go to View to change the font size, it really doesn't work. The advertising gets bigger but the articles do not.

Any ideas on why this happens with only some web sites and how can I change the one's that only fill three quarters of the screen? Or am I stuck?

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. F11 will make it full screen. It works with both IE and Firefox. HIt F11 again and it goes back to where you started. The link you gave as an example loaded full screen in my Firefox browser. Look at your browser settings.

jd3450

jd3450

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I tried that and the web page just grew in height and not width. I still have a couple of inches of wasted space on the right side. Again, not all web sites do this when I open them.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Some pages use automatic resize language, others don't. Just drag out the window to the size you want. It should stay, if it doesn't you may have a setting in Internet Options, Advanced that will help.

Also, how up to date is your Internet explorer? Check the update site, the latest is IE6 SP1.

Edited by Tyger, 21 August 2005 - 11:34 AM.

jd3450

jd3450

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
No luck. I am using latest Mozilla and IE 6.0 ) I am running Windows 98.

I looked into the Internet Options + Advance and nothing unchecked stood out.

No way to drag the width of the wed page either.

Guess just have to live with this...bummer.