Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp crash

• Please log in to reply

chrisausti

chrisausti

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've got a compaq armada 700 that i installed windows xp on. It had no operating system on it when i got it. Xp worked fine for a few days, I installed my own copy of xp with the same serial number as my home comp. My laptop crashed....
All it will do now is boot to an error message-pxe media test cable.not found.
I went into bios to change the boot sequence so i could load a new copy of win 98.
Only problem is my only options for booting are Multibay, Hard drive, and Ethernet.
I have a dvd rom that i installed xp with fine. I DO NOT have a floppy drive. When the comp boots up the cd spins but does nothing. I have tried changing the sequence of the boot order but it doesn't help. Please help.

Advertisements