Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Winamp and Dr Watson issues

• Please log in to reply

Chris Lightbrin

Chris Lightbrin

• Pip
  • 2 posts
So everytime I try to open Winamp I get an error message that it needs to be closed, then "DrWatson's Postmortem Debugger" claims it also needs to be closed. My computer then freezes until I ctrl+alt+delete and end the process "drwtsn32". Now I understand this is an error reporting program included in Win XP, and apparently it's useful. It's it ok to zap and delete that bugger, or is it vital? Or is it even the source of my problem? Any help would be greatly apreciated. I need my music!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can turn off error reporting

Best to remove Winamp, run disc clean up then install a new copy of Winamp

http://www.filehippo...oad_winamp.html

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
I agree with Keith. I would uninstall Winamp, reboot, reinstall winamp reboot. Something in your current installation of Winamp is making XP want to crash, and XP is shutting down Winamp to avoid that. The Dr. Watson is a tool to log the crash.

Johanna

Chris Lightbrin

Chris Lightbrin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yep, works perfect now. That waas probably the first thing I should've tried, but i supposed it'd be best to ask first. It just seemed odd since nothin' had changed with Winamp at all.