Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

trendmicro help

• Please log in to reply

MrPanda617

MrPanda617

• Pip
  • 6 posts
hey guys and gals.. thanks in advance for your help:

I recently scanned using trendmicro housecall but for some reason it always got stuck at around 73%. It gets stuck on this one file:

c:systemvolumeinformation...a0003446.exe

i then tried scanning the systemvolumeinformation folder using my computer's mcaffee virus online scanner. when it got up to that particular file windows notified me that my "virtual system memory" was low... something along those lines. I'm not sure if this is the sign of a virus but something is seems to be definitely getting in the way of the virus scanners and causes my computer to get all laggy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I get up to around 73% of the trendmicro scan and I have 55 infected files detected. I would like to get rid of these files very much so, but I need to finish scanning housecall in order to do so. Thanks again in advance for your suggestions.

Advertisements

MrPanda617

MrPanda617

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
err... nevermind... i figured it out. For those who are curious:

apparantly system volume information is one of those important folders that you're not supposed to mess with. it contains many of the restore points used for system restore, amongst other things. by turning off my system restore during the virus scan, the trendmicro housecall was able to finish scanning the folder. no viruses detected, although trojans have been known to hide in that folder I was told.