Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

AS5 problems

• Please log in to reply

heartofalion28

heartofalion28

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
alright i bought some as5 for my compy and i put the stuff on there followed instructions blah blah neway it was runnin around the same that it did before with the thernal paste that came with my HSF so i cleaned is with the AS cleaner and put a lil more on it now it running hotter than it was with the first app of AS whad did i do wrong?

Lion

Advertisements

heartofalion28

heartofalion28

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
please?

WhatThe

WhatThe

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
I am a little confues by your post,

It is possible you have applied to much heatsink paste?

You only need to cover the surface area of the CPU which contacts the heatsink directly, and only a very thin layer is required.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You may have put too much on. It's supposed to be a thin layer, just enough to fill any gap between the cooler block and the CPU.