Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new hard drive

• Please log in to reply

woody1977

woody1977

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
My pc

That is my pc in link above, can I add a harddrive to it, internally?? and if so how hard is it, firstly to install, and secondly to get the pc to recognise it.

Cheers woody

Advertisements

p_mii_nawy

p_mii_nawy

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
yeah you can. you get can any size. i am guessing that your first hd is ide. if it is you can just set the 2nd hd to slave and the com will pick it up by it self. i add a 2nd hd my and all i did was plug it in :tazz:
pmn
one more thing it is not hard at all. all you need is about 2 min to open you case > 1min to install the hd and then close your case.

Edited by p_mii_nawy, 18 August 2005 - 11:45 PM.

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
And just a few words of advice, be sure to use anti-static discharge precautions while working inside of the case. Ground yourself by touching a metal part of the case or use an anti-static wrist strap connected to the case.