I have found a Bios update that HP claims will correct the problem (white screen crash) find it using the ftp address below.
Be sure you know what you are doing before updating your bios you can seriously disable your computer. I flashed my old motherboard with the wrong bios before requiring me to remove my bios chip and take it to a computer tech to load the correct one.
I have asked HP what the update resolves and will post their responce.ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software6/CO...3-3/sp26648.exe
These are the instructions to update the Bios
1. Download the update.
2. Double-click the icon for the update downloaded in Step 1, and then
3. Select "I accept the terms in the license agreement," and then click
NEXT to proceed with the installation.
4. If an Overwrite Protection message appears, click YES to all.
5. Click OK at the Windows Based BIOS Update window.
6. Click YES at the next Windows Based BIOS Update window, and then
for the update to complete.
7. At the Windows Based BIOS Update window, click YES to restart your
8. If you see the following message during the restart of your PC,
continue with the remaining steps; otherwise you are done with the
Default BIOS settings have been loaded due to BIOS update or checksum
Press to enter Setup. Otherwise, allow the PC to continue.
9. Press and hold F1 for a few seconds to open the BIOS Setup.
10. Press F5, use the Left and Right arrow keys to choose YES, and then
press Enter to load the BIOS defaults.
11. Press F10, use the Left and Right arrow keys to choose YES, and
press Enter to exit the BIOS Setup and save your changes.
12. Press Enter to confirm the save.
13. If you see a System Settings Change message prompting you to
your PC, click YES to restart the PC again.