Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Word trouble with tables/bullets/macros

• Please log in to reply

delfin

delfin

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm using Word 2000, and developing a template that will be used in 2000, 2002 and 2003. Word has a nasty tendency to execute functions one way when you're doing them manually and differently when you're running them as a macro, and I'm getting hung up by one of these instances.

The situation: I have a document full of one-row, two-column tables containing mostly text. I'll call the style in the first column Old Label and the second Old Text.

What I want to do is convert the contents of the table to text, changing Old Label style to a new New Label style and Old Text to New Text. I have a macro that will go through a document and perform this conversion, using Word's standard Find/Replace functionality and Convert Table to Text -> Paragraph Marks -> Convert Nested Tables.

My problem is that if I do this manually, it works fine, but if I run the macro version, Word is stripping out the bullets.

Is there an easy workaround for this?

Advertisements

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
The solution could be as easy as including the "Bullets" in your macro. Have you tried doing this? If that doesn't work, post a sample file and I'll have a look at it.

HTH
"O"