Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

IE won't load new window

• Please log in to reply

guitwiz

guitwiz

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
When using IE, anytime I click on something that requires a new window to be brought up, the new window comes up, but the address bar is blank and the hourglass comes up, and the page never loads. Help!!
:tazz:

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. I found this at M$ http://support.micro...kb;en-us;281679
I did a search on "new window does not load" in the Internet Explorer center. I got 17 hits. I am sure there are other ways to phrase this. Try doing some searching there if the one I posted does not help.

guitwiz

guitwiz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Thank you for trying to help. The page you offered did not help. All the reg files they request you check at Microsoft checked out ok. So I continued poking around IE to try and find out what had changed to cause this to start happening. I found the solution on my own. :)

Here is the answer for anyone else who runs into this problem:

I went to Tools, then manage add-ons.
In manage add-ons I noticed Windows Messenger.

(I recall in the recent past that when I did a windows update, it was trying to get me to load this app that I never use and I think I tried to say 'no, I don't want it', well Microsoft probably says 'you're getting it weather you like it or not' and if you don't continue the installation and/or use the app, it creates this problem where you see a new window come up but it clocks indefinitely and never indicates it is loading anything in the status bar.)

I disabled Windows Messenger in the add-ons menu and now new windows load again as normal. :) :) :tazz: