Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

D-Link Problems

• Please log in to reply

LittleBitNorth

LittleBitNorth

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am FRUSTRATED!! I have line of site wireless as an IP, which works really great! 10mbps and was connected directly into my main computer. I recently have installed a wireless home network using a D-link DI624 router. Wireless network is working great.
My Problem is this... when I use my wireless to connect to the internet from my computer in the other room... it connects perfectly with no interruptions: but, When I connect through the Ethernet cable directly into my D-link router from my main computer it tries to connect at 100mbps (I feel a bottleneck coming on) I have gone into the parameters and directed it to slow down to 10mbps but it doesn't. Consequently, I drop connection 2 or 3 times a minute. I have tested everything back to the router. I have uninstalled/reinstalled. I have put in the static IP address and switched back and forth to the IP-to the D-link- to having it find it automatically. I have seriously tried everything. Meanwhile...computer in the other room connected wirelessly to the router runs like a charm connected to the internet.
I have put in the necessary IP addresses and followed the instructions perfectly. I have gone to the D-link site and flashed with the upgrades approved for this router. I have followed this problem back to the router including testing the Ethernet wire that connects my computer to the router. Honestly..I am no dummy when it comes to computers and consider myself very knowledgeable but I'm going to need a band aide on my forehead.
Please, any ideas?

Advertisements

americanpatriot12001

americanpatriot12001

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
LittleBitNorth,

I ran into the same problem. I am running win XP and could not get my router to work.
This is what I did.
I made sure my internet properties had "never dial a connection" selected.
Then I turned of my PC, modem, and router off.
Turn just the modem and router on and waited till all the lights were on. Boot your PC up and it should ID the router.
make sure you hook up the ethernet line from the modem to the d- link WAN port., use PORT #1 to your PC.
I did the same thing you did, trying to set D-link settings and it would never work.
If you still run into problems, try reversing the order of power up.
There could be another approach to this.
Best of luck