Congratulations your log appears to be clean!!!
Please follow these directions below to clear out your system restore points, hide protected operating system files and also make sure to read the prevention tips on how to prevent further infection on your p.c.
1.One last step to take in fixing your computer.
After something like this it is a good idea to purge the Restore Points and start fresh.
To flush the XP System Restore Points:
(Using XP, you must be logged in as Administrator to do this.)
Go to Start>Run and type msconfig Press enter.
When msconfig opens, click the Launch System Restore Button.
On the next page, click the System Restore Settings Link on the left.
Check the box labeled Turn Off System Restore.
Go back in and turn System Restore ON. A new Restore Point will be created.
2.Go to Start>Search and at the top select Tools>Folder Options
Select the View tab
Check the following:
Do not Show hidden files and folders
Hide protected operating system files
Click on Apply.
Close out the search window.
Here are some tips, to reduce the potential for spyware infection in the future, I strongly recommend installing the following applications:
Detect and Remove Programs:
- How to use Ad-Aware to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Ad-Aware.
- How to use Spybot to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Spybot. Similar to Ad-Aware, I strongly recommend both to catch most spyware.
- Spywareblaster <= SpywareBlaster will prevent spyware from being installed.
- Spywareguard <= SpywareGuard offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts.
- IE/Spyad <= IE/Spyad places over 4000 websites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (Cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.
- MVPS Hosts file <= The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your coputer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer
- Google Toolbar <= Get the free google toolbar to help stop pop up windows.
- AntiVirus Program<= An AntiVirus program is a must! Whether it is a free version like AVG or Anti-Vir, or a shareware version like Norton or Kapersky, this is a must have.
- Firewall<= A firewall is definatley a must have. Two good free versions are Sygate and ZoneLabs.
- More Secure Browser<= Internet Explorer is not the most secure and best browser. There are safer and better alternatives available. I recommend Firefox, however Opera and SlimBrowsers are good as well.
So how did I get infected in the first place? and Spyware Aid's spyware article: Spyware, Adware, Malware: What it is, how it got on my computer, how to get rid of it, and how to prevent it.