Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Search Window Keeps opening

• Please log in to reply

Pri3st

Pri3st

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Earlier today I decided to give my computer a new look and tried to change the way my windows file folders to look like mac OSX by using some icons i got off the web.

I changed the icon by going to folder options, file types clicked on the file folder went to advanced and navigated to the .ico file of my choice.

Well the appearance of my folders didn't change at all but now whenever I click a file folder a windows search window pops up. I reset all the folder settings back to default and changed all the icons back to normal but the [bleep] search window keeps coming up. I have no Idea what I couldv'e done to cause this as no settings that I can see give you the option of searching upon clicking instead of opening the window.

If anybody has any input of suggestions concerning this I'd be happy to hear them. :tazz:

Advertisements

MajorFatCat

MajorFatCat

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System restore.

Restore your computer to a time before you did the icon changes. That should fix your problem.