Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can I restore to previous saved Word Doc

• Please log in to reply

ZamasBhoy

ZamasBhoy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
[FONT=Courier]
I need some help here!!! Can anyone tell me if I am able to revert back to a previous version of a Word document I have saved. Changes were made and the document saved, there was an error during the save and most of the document is missing. Is there anyway I can locate this document file in the version before changes were saved and error occured????

Advertisements

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
have u tried recovering previous files ? :tazz:

ZamasBhoy

ZamasBhoy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No!! how would i do that? I can only access the one file and it's the one with the error. I need to try and open it in it's previous state but I fear the last save erased the date to create this new file????

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Unless you got lucky and there is a backup somewhere, you are plain out of luck..

The second you "saved" the corrupt file, it overwrote the original.. There is NO original to go back to anymore!!

Murray