Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do you clean the inside of a pc

• Please log in to reply

Matt @1230

Matt @1230

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I have a 4 1/2 year old computer. When i opened the side cover there is a layer of dust on the motherboard, graphics card and etc. I heard that you have to clean it out once a year. Should I use compressed air if so were would i get it ? or a small vacuum? and should I get the dust under the cpu fan? :tazz:

Edited by Matt @1230, 19 August 2005 - 01:13 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you can used canned antistatic air....basically you can get this at any store that sells electronics, walmart, best buy, circuit city, wherever. i would avoid using a vaccuum cleaner because to suck the dust off you would have to get it close enough to the motherboard itself that you might bend something out of place.....if it's really dirty in there you will deffinitly need more than one can.

you should really clean it out more than once a year (mine is currently full of cat litter so....i'm guilty too) probably every couple of months or so

Matt @1230

Matt @1230

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Thanks dsenette i will get a few cans of antistatic air :tazz:

Edited by Matt @1230, 19 August 2005 - 01:22 PM.