Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How to play full screen games in a window

• Please log in to reply

csu266

csu266

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
So how do I play a game that is full screen in a window mode? The reason I want to to this is because I have 2 computers with 2 screens and i have this program called synergy that lets me use 1 keyboard and mouse to jump back and forth between the 2 computers, its like having both monitors plugged into one video card except its 2 different computers, its pretty cool. Anyways with this program, if I am playing a game that is full scree and I want to to to the other computer, it minimizes the game and them lets me move the mouse over to the other computer. How do I play full screen games in a window mode so that it does not minimize the game in order to move to the other computer. I am running Windows XP Pro. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
I don't think you will be able to, its a side affect of the way your doing it. I just use a kvm and switch between 2 systems

csu266

csu266

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
That sucks, I was going to go the KVM route, but this is so much cooler, just swing the mouse over and your in the other computer. Comes with a clipboard so u can copy and paste between computers as well. KVM switch cannot do that. But thanks anyways.

Angst

Angst

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
Well, for this game I play called MapleStory, I heard of a way, but you must basically crack the program to do it.

AKA a hack. Apparently, you can get banned for it.

Maybe it would work for whatever other game you wanna play? But chances are, the way in which is runs the game in windowed mode is the same way. Via a 3rd party program.