Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet driver?

• Please log in to reply

Purgatory

Purgatory

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Alright.. I have a netxtreme gigabit ethernet card in my computer, it won't show up in the device manager, recently got a new motherboard so I can install it from the dell resource cd and I want to use it... resource cd won't start up because I don't have a dell board anymore.. so. How can I fix this? where can I find the right driver?

Someone please help me out here!

I have a Dell Dimension 2400 in case you were wondering.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Here is the driver Dell shows on their website for that system..

Murray

yardguard

yardguard

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Did a search at driverguide.com and found what you need.

http://www.driverguide.com

You have to create an account but it's free....just use an email address that you don't care to get a lot of spam at.

Purgatory

Purgatory

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Now, will it actually work? even though the card doesn't show up in the device manager?

The card is in the slot in the computer, it doesn't show up in the device manager at all!, I just need to know if it is going to work or not. I got a driver from broadcom.com and its a folder with 3 files in, and I dont know where to put them, or even how to install them, it came in a zip file and there are three small files in it..
Where do they go?

Edited by Purgatory, 19 August 2005 - 04:06 PM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Add New Hardware.. Use the "Have disk" option and oint it to the folder with those files in it..

Murray

yardguard

yardguard

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Is there any yellow marks under network adapters in device manager?
If so this is your card just dosen't have correct drivers installed.

If one of those 3 files have an ".inf" extension then this is what windows will use to install the driver.....Just unzip them to a folder(remember the folder)....If a yellow marked adapter is under network adapters then right click it an select update driver and guide the wizard to the folder where you unzipped those 3 files.

If no listing under network adapters then go to control panel and select install new hardware and let windows search for it...if windows cant find it then try to install it manually through the wizard...........

if none of this works maybe you could pull card from slot and try another slot or just reseat it.

HTH