Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Explorer.EXE 0xc0000005 [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

fritzx

fritzx

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz: When I log in the Application error above comes up. I can only access my system using the task manager. Everything seems to be there when browsed using the task manager.

I do not want to plug into the internet so am using a separate machine to communicate.

Can anyone help please?

Advertisements

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Hi fritzx and welcome to GeeksToGo! My name is Excal and I will be helping you.

Can you post me a Hijackthis log.

When did this start?

Thanks,

:tazz:

Excal

fritzx

fritzx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Attached File  hijackthis_file1.txt   7.06KB   109 downloadshi Excal. thanks in advance and please be gentle with me as I am almost computer illiterate!

I have attached log hope this is what you are looking for.

It started last night. :tazz:

I was doing a Norton scan when norton advised it had been tampered with.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall but it was not letting me do this. I got fed up with it and left the PC but my teenage son used it to surf the web for a bit and something called world spy loaded onto the pc which I uninstalled. The desktop background then changed itself, mentioning spyware etc.

:)

Edited by fritzx, 20 August 2005 - 02:48 AM.

fritzx

fritzx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz: hi Excal,

someone has taken my pc away - they say they can fix it - thanks for the help - I think the difference in time zones stopped us talking more.

cya,

fritzx

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.