Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't access wireless network

• Please log in to reply

intheflesh1539

intheflesh1539

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Ok I am horrible when it comes to wireless networking. I'm using a gateway wireless router and a gateway usb wireless network adapter. I had been connected fine for a couple of days, but my network was unsecured, so I tried to enable WEP on my network. When I did this the computer with the wireless connection stopped detecting the network all together. I even disabled WEP and windows is still not detecting the network. I changed nothing else. SSID broadcasting is still enabled. Is there anyway that I can access the network manually? I am completely retarted when it comes to wireless networks. Someone please help me

Advertisements

intheflesh1539

intheflesh1539

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
well i didn't try the obvious...unplugging and replugging my router...it works now..but i would still like to enable WEP...when i did this my computer with the wireless connection stopped detecting the network...

katkat92

katkat92

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Did you make sure to set up the laptop to log back in using the WEP Key?

intheflesh1539

intheflesh1539

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
it's a desktop and I really have no idea what that means :tazz:

todd333

todd333

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
first you should disconnect from the network ,then configure your router for wep. reboot your computer, then connect, it should as for a wep key when you try to connect,
just enter the wep key you configured on your router.