Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

IP address to connect games

• Please log in to reply

ahkai01

ahkai01

• Pip
  • 4 posts
ok...this is my first post in this forum and i hope that i did not post in the wrong section.

when i connect to games and i want to play with my friend it said a IP adress that is needed to connect but when i go to those website that tell what IP we had i had a different result thus can anyone tell me that which one is the IP address that i need to connect to games???

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
whomever is hosting the game or which server your trying to connect to is the ip you want. if your hosting the game, then normally the ip your friend will need is the ip that is assigned to your connection (thinking cable/dsl modem). if you have a router this will be different than the ip of your system.

ahkai01

ahkai01

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ok in that sense if i create a room my friend need to know my ip address where can i find my acutal IP address as there was a IP address on the game that it provide but when i go to www.whatismyip.com and check.it did not match so which one should i use to connect

thx for your reply

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Right click on your internet connection (while online, the two computer screens that flash on your taskbar) and go to Status and tehn support then there is your IP Address!
Regards RockyIV

ahkai01

ahkai01

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
sry... if i post a too noob question

Your IP address is
This is the IP address of the machine that requested the page. Typically this is your own IP address. If you used a router/proxy you will not get the correct IP address.

what is a router/proxy