Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton Anti-Virus

• Please log in to reply

CleveC4

CleveC4

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
I'm suddenly having a problem with Norton Anti-Virus not starting up before my other programs like it used to. I have recently installed WinPatrol and Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta on my system (XP SP2). Could this be my problem? I appreciate any help I can get with this problem as I have a Broad Band connection (always on) .

:tazz:

Advertisements

RogueComGeek

RogueComGeek

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
well i would (while the internet is dissconnected) uninstall the antivirus and reinstall it. then go back on the net and update it.
this is the simpliest way.

Edited by RogueComGeek, 19 August 2005 - 10:55 PM.

Stasiek

Stasiek

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
it's a possibility that the new installed application could have reset your settings somehow.

did you check your settings for norton? once norton antivirus is open go to options and then antivirus and make sure the box for startup and auto-protect are enabled. if not check them off and close out the program+reboot to see if it fixed it.

if you made recent changel to control panel/administrative tools/services, make sure to go back to this and find norton antivirus autoprotect, it should say running and automatic if not right click on it and in the pop-up window that shows up select start and from the pulldown menu select automatic then click apply, ok, and close out the remaining window.

if you want to test it then just reboot the pc.