Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Memories Disk Creator

• Please log in to reply

bandgod

bandgod

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz: I have tried the starndard uninstall and reinstall of HP memories disk, even uninstalled the printer and reinstall. Every time I try to execute the program it tells me to find an update or uninstall and reinstall. I'm at my wits end. I've been working on this problem for months. The HP uninstall as well as the windows remove program doesn't seem to work. My feeling is that register files still exist. I've even tried different subdirectories.

The error reads :

The memories disk creator detected a problem and cannot continue.

Try the following in the order given:
-Reboot your computer
-Check for a newer version of the software. From the wizard home screen, click about, Update
-Uninstall the software and reinstall. (6)

I've contacted HP about this but they have been no help.
I just want to be able to take my digital pictures and video and creat CD that will play on my DVD player.

Am I missing some clean up on the registry that is giving me this repeat performance?

Advertisements

katkat92

katkat92

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
First off, have you tried the update button? What happens?

Next, with my HP I have to remove not only the memories disc program, but the whole printer package as well before it let's me reinstall.

bandgod

bandgod

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz: Well I've uninstalled reinstalled and updated. Yet I get the same response. There is a folder under windows that is labeled Hewlet Packard that contains previous update data. Should I delete this file before I reload?

As another option, is there an other program I could purchase that would allow me to copy digital pictures and video to a cd for playing back on a dvd player?

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
You could Try Record Now

mapleheist

mapleheist

• Pip
  • 1 posts
From HP Support:
This might occur due to the corrupted installation of the software. To resolve this issue, I recommend you to perform the complete uninstallation and reinstallation of the HP software.

To uninstall the PSC 1300 series all-in-one software, perform the following steps:

1. Disconnect the HP PSC from the computer.

2. Delete the "Digital Imaging" folder from C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\ folder manually

3. Download and execute the software cleanup utility from the following
URL:

NOTE: This utility may also remove the components of other HP imaging products.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software4/CO...1/gr_uninst.exe

Please copy the entire URL and paste it in a new window of Internet Explorer. Then open the link from there.

4. After the program finishes removing the software, restart the computer.

If the uninstall fails, run the uninstaller at level four using these steps, to completely uninstall the software:

NOTE: Review the "Uninstalling (removing) the software" section
in the installation document given below for
additional details.

To uninstall the PSC 1300 series all-in-one software, perform the following steps:

1. Disconnect the HP PSC from the computer.
2. Insert the all-in-one CD-ROM into the computer. Cancel any installation windows that appear.
3. Click Start and then click Run.
4. Type the following command without quotes and press Enter key:

"X:\Util\CCC\Uninstall.bat 4"

(Replace X: with the CD-ROM drive letter)

NOTE: Run the above batch file for four times to completely uninstall the software.

To install the software, perform the steps provided under the section "Installing the software" at the following URL:

http://h10025.www1.h...cname=c00033789

NOTE: Copy the URL starting from "http" till "c00033789" and
paste in the address box of the browser, then press
Enter Key.

I am referring you to the web document as it contains detailed steps with necessary graphics.

If you do not have the software CD, you can download drivers from the following URL:

http://h10025.www1.h...item=mp-23606-2

I hope the above information helps you. If the problem persists, please get back to us with the results. We will be glad to assist you.

bandgod

bandgod

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Will this same method work fpr an HP 2510 all in one? I'll hold up on your suggestion until I've heard from you. Thanks

voxangelorum

voxangelorum

• Pip
  • 1 posts
my dad has misplaced his disk that had HP Memories Disc Creator. Which printer package should I be looking for?