Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

OEM MOTHERBOARD

• Please log in to reply

JOEYCH

JOEYCH

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HAVE A MOBO FROM A HP XT963 I HAVE SEARCHED FOR HOURS FOR A MANUAL FOR THIS MOBO.THE ONLY INFO THAT I AM NOT CERTAIN ON IS WHERE THE LED POWER ON AND HD PLUGS SHOULD GO ON THIS BOARD. I HOPE TO TRANSFER TO NEW CASE ON TUES. BUT I DON:T WANT TO PLUG AND UNPLUG PLAYING GUESSING GAME WITH THIS BOARD-HP WEBSIGHT IS USELESS!!! THE BOARD IS A TUW-AM WITH A CELERON 1.2GHZ,AGAIN IT IS JUMPERLESS BOARD MY ONLY GUESTION IS WHERE THE ON-OFF AND LED FOR HD GO ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPR. SORRY FOR THE CAPS!!!

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
Is there any numbers on the MB that My help me find the MANUAL to help you get the right plug ins for you?
<_<

Zamuel

Zamuel

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hopefully you are working and have around 100 dollars or more. I used to have a hp back in the good ol' days when I was afraid to open my case, I remember I went out and got a graphics card installed but my graphics programs screwed up and I got weird errors. I was told it was the motherboard not the graphics card, but I knew it was the motherboard because how could such an good card not work in such a motherboard? It was 8x and had all the requirements. I fought tooth and nail for them to refund me the graphics card. I ended up winning and learning a lesson of never buying a hp computer, those things aren’t made for upgrades.

But now onto your light problem.
You have a 1.3ghz Celeron *shivers* I cant believe the slowness of that... Please do yourself a favor and upgrade the mobo and cpu. It might cost you 150 at max to find a good second hand or if you are a bit of a big spender you could go out and get a nice p4 2.4 or 2.6 at a nice price. Remember is it really worth putting in all this time and effort?

Though you should try and the guessing game it would just be a matter of keeping the side panel open and just plugging and hitting the on/off switch. Power led is always steady and hdd is flashing. It wouldn’t take you more than 45 minutes if you could be bothered.